Who Uses The Ovation Alpha Speech Timer
Included below is some information on how various people and groups are using the Ovation Alpha speech timer.
Corporate / Business Meetings
We all know that it's difficult to keep business meetings running on time! The Ovation speech timer can help with both in-person and remote meetings:
- Time each meeting agenda segment to make sure it doesn't run over the allocated time.
- Meeting leader doesn't need to interrupt speakers. He or she may instead use the timer's optional alarm feature to alert participants when it's time to move on.
- The timer frees the meeting leader to focus on the meeting content.
Keep your entire conference running smoothly with the Ovation speech timer:
- Time the General Session segments. The timer's LED lights are easily visible in most large conference rooms.
- Use a timer for each breakout session room to make sure attendees are out of those sessions and back at the General Sessions or meals at the proper time.
- Easy instructions on the bottom of the unit make it simple to use for all.
The Ovation Alpha speech timer was developed by a long-time Toastmasters member who saw the need for a viable replacement for the low-tech timers that most clubs were using. Some highlights of Toastmasters use (more information):
- Timer function during weekly Toastmasters club meetings, easily customize for all speech times.
- Area, Division, and District speech contests and other events.
- Individual members' speech practice between meetings.
Professional speakers can easily transport the Ovation Alpha timer to their speaking events and use it during their speech practice.
- No need to look at your watch or a clock to gauge your time usage.
- More reliable than a human being, who may get so engrossed in your content that he forgets to give you the time cue!
- The green, yellow and red lights are easily visible from more than 50 feet in front of the Ovation speech timer.
The Ovation speech timer easily lends itself to use by debate teams, for whom timing accuracy is critical.
- Debate participants can use the timer at home during the preparation of their arguments.
- The timer can be used by debate teams during training and practice sessions.
- Keep all debate segments on track by using the Ovation Alpha speech timer during formal debate events. Easy to transport and use!
Government and Legal Settings
The Ovation Alpha speech timer also has a number of government and legal applications, including the following:
- City council meetings and town hall meetings.
- Public hearings and panel discussions.
- Lawyers preparing their clients for legal testimony and depositions.
- Speech rehearsal by public figures and closing argument preparation by attorneys.
Schools and Classrooms
Time is of the essence in all school and classroom settings. The Ovation Alpha speech timer can help in the following ways:
- Time class periods so the teacher doesn't need to be a "clock-watcher" during class. The green, yellow and red lights are customizable to keep lessons on track.
- Time student presentations so they can better manage their time in front of the class.
- Use the Ovation timer during classroom assignment time to help students keep track of how much time is remaining to complete their work.